I’m Sarah, the person behind the words. I’ve worn many different hats since graduating college in 2014–I’ve been an urban forester in Minnesota, a research writer for a university, and a journalist for a natural resource department. I spent a year working for a Mississippi humane society as an outreach coordinator. Most recently, I became the PR Specialist for the University of Georgia Housing department.
In fall of 2016, I married my best friend, Jordan–a voice of wisdom and rationality in my life who often spurs my blog posts. We live together in a little brick house in Georgia with our son, L, and a motley crew of rescue animals. In our spare time, we backpack, garden, and eat.
Jordan and I have several life goals, which are central to our pursuit of living the best lives we can.
We want to:
- Own a homestead in the Northeast. Preferably off grid.
- Become financially independent before we’re fifty through wise spending, investing and saving techniques.
- Be as environmentally conscious as we can by riding our bikes, reusing materials, and reducing our impact on the planet.
- Grow, make and eat delicious food on a regular basis.
- Have a kid, adopt a kid, and raise them to be well-balanced humans.
- Jordan wants to contribute to the field of wildlife biology as a professor or researcher.
- I want to write pieces that impact the world, whether that’s in the field of science writing or as a novelist.